i dont know what to make of this

This board is for general discussion of Lunar. Especially things such as Lunar merchandise, general discussions about the story that span more than one game, etc.
exigence
Blue Dragon Ninja
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

i dont know what to make of this

Post by exigence »

its either one of the coolest things iv seen in a while or a burnt copy of the game that someone decided to write prototype on with a sharpie

http://cgi.ebay.com/ULTRA-RARE-Lunar-Th ... dZViewItem

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

While I myself would remain skeptical, I also wouldn't doubt it. I believe someone posted a link to something similiar several months ago.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Thanks for the link. I'll definitely be bidding on it.
-G1

Megalodon
Student of Vane

Post by Megalodon »

GhaleonOne wrote:Thanks for the link. I'll definitely be bidding on it.
Does this mean you recognize it as authentic?

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Not 100% sure, but it's likely it's just a legit beta of the game. I have a way of finding out though.

Regardless of whether it's legit or not, I'm not even sure if the guy is allowed to sell that legally. Usually beta/prototype/whatever copies of games are not to be resold, but with WD out of business, and this being a US version of the game, that's probably why he's selling it now rather than 3 years ago.
-G1

Megalodon
Student of Vane

Post by Megalodon »

GhaleonOne wrote:Not 100% sure, but it's likely it's just a legit beta of the game. I have a way of finding out though.
If you find out will you post it? I am rather curious.

Rimmie
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Rimmie »

...Is one of you "Bajikill" that is posting on that auction? I'm only asking because I once knew someone by the name "Bajikal" and haven't heard from them in a long time.
Kind of a nostalgic thing; I met him at a "Shining Soul" (gba) forum, and since this is also video game related, thought I might as well ask...
Pickle? I thought you said baseball card!

exigence
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by exigence »

[quote="GhaleonOne"]Not 100% sure, but it's likely it's just a legit beta of the game. I have a way of finding out though.

Regardless of whether it's legit or not, I'm not even sure if the guy is allowed to sell that legally. Usually beta/prototype/whatever copies of games are not to be resold, but with WD out of business, and this being a US version of the game, that's probably why he's selling it now rather than 3 years ago.[/quo te]

G1, did you bid $51. Normally people go up moderatly or wait till the last few secons.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Nevermind. I'm not paying that much for it. And no, that wasn't me that sent the bidding up to $51. I already have a "gamma" copy of the game the way it is. Must have been someone here that saw it and wanted it quite a bit. That Bajikill guy has posted here before I think. He's sniped me more than once for Lunar items on Ebay.

Thing is, depending on how early that game is, it's likely almost identical to the final release version. The gamma version I have seemed identical for the little bit I've played of it.
-G1

Megalodon
Student of Vane

Post by Megalodon »

exigence wrote:
GhaleonOne wrote:Not 100% sure, but it's likely it's just a legit beta of the game. I have a way of finding out though.

Regardless of whether it's legit or not, I'm not even sure if the guy is allowed to sell that legally. Usually beta/prototype/whatever copies of games are not to be resold, but with WD out of business, and this being a US version of the game, that's probably why he's selling it now rather than 3 years ago.[/quo te]

G1, did you bid $51. Normally people go up moderatly or wait till the last few secons.
I jumped it to $51. I was testing the current bidder. I looked thru his recent purchases and he recently bought the sealed copies of Lunar EBC and Lunar SSSC for 189.00 each signed, and a sealed copy of Dragon Force for 175.00. I was just curious how serious he was. I won't go any higher eather. I would rather drop 50.00 on a regular copy for the Sega CD.

Rimmie
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Rimmie »

Hmm, guess not... I don't know what origin the name would have anyway, so I have no clue.

Anyway, you guys're nuts over this game to be buying every proto-type you see. =p

And as for sniping on ebay, I've probably made my share of people very angry, but what else can you do? A few times, if my bid hadn't been just so when I sniped it, good bye, Ruby Tuesday. And I also get sniped, and if I really wanted it, I do get mad. So we're just going in circles here.

Megalodon
Student of Vane

Post by Megalodon »

Rimmie wrote:Hmm, guess not... I don't know what origin the name would have anyway, so I have no clue.

Anyway, you guys're nuts over this game to be buying every proto-type you see. =p

And as for sniping on ebay, I've probably made my share of people very angry, but what else can you do? A few times, if my bid hadn't been just so when I sniped it, good bye, Ruby Tuesday. And I also get sniped, and if I really wanted it, I do get mad. So we're just going in circles here.
If I had won, it would have been the only proto-type I own. Since I don't currently own the original Lunar for Sega CD and they generally go for around $50.00 I figured why not.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

If I had won, it would have been the only proto-type I own.
Same here. I didn't even buy the gamma copy of TSS I have. I basically paid shipping for it and that's it.

As for sniping, hey, it's fair game. Just pisses me off. :P
-G1

Megalodon
Student of Vane

Post by Megalodon »

GhaleonOne wrote:
If I had won, it would have been the only proto-type I own.
Same here. I didn't even buy the gamma copy of TSS I have. I basically paid shipping for it and that's it.

As for sniping, hey, it's fair game. Just pisses me off. :P
It is definitley rough to get out bid at the last minute. It happened to me with a Lunar EB poster about 3 times. Needless to say by the third time I was livid. :evil:

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

You too? I kept trying to get the Sega CD artwork Lunar EB poster that Kelly Knight has been selling copies of the past 6 months or so. Every time I was outbid, and now she's out of them. The price just kept climbing higher and higher, and it's one of like 3 US posters that I don't own.
-G1

Megalodon
Student of Vane

Post by Megalodon »

GhaleonOne wrote:You too? I kept trying to get the Sega CD artwork Lunar EB poster that Kelly Knight has been selling copies of the past 6 months or so. Every time I was outbid, and now she's out of them. The price just kept climbing higher and higher, and it's one of like 3 US posters that I don't own.
I know what you mean it just kept jumping. I saw another one recently but it wasn't mint. It had holes in the corners from tacks. I think the final price was $10.40. I watched it the first posting and meant to bid on it seeing first if there was any interest. I forgot about it and no one bid on it so it was reposted. I chose not to bid though due to it not being mint.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Yeah, I saw it too late as well, but bidded the second time around. Again, someone sniped me. But I didn't feel too bad about it, considering it's flaws.
-G1

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

I've been watching this for days, of course. Wasn't about to post it here and get competition. :P Though I meant to check in with G1 so we didn't end up both trying for it simultaneously. That bidder is spending a LOT on games and consoles these days so I don't know if I'll have the resources to outbid him/her.

Rimmie
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Rimmie »

I've been watching this for days, of course. Wasn't about to post it here and get competition. Though I meant to check in with G1 so we didn't end up both trying for it simultaneously.
...I imagine that happens a lot.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

...I imagine that happens a lot.
Actually, I highly doubt it's ever happened. The few times I buy something on Ebay, I've usually announced it here, because I don't do it that much. I'll go on a kick and buy a few things and then stop buying anything for a while. In all honesty, Alunissage's collection is probably 3x the size of mine. Plus, it's not hard to see who's username it is that's betting against you. If anything, we've helped each other (and others, Kiz and others have been tipped off to stuff there before) when it comes to Ebay.
-G1