Not working

For discussion of Lunar: Eternal Blue, the remake of Lunar 2 for Saturn/Playstation and all its translations
ShadowKnight47
Reza Thief
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Not working

Post by ShadowKnight47 »

Ok, I put this in this section because it's discussing my prob with Lunar2, if it needs to be moved, sorry

Ok, I'm having trouble with my discs, I have beaten the entire game once before, but it was about 2 years ago...

This is my prob:

I've gotten to Pentagulia, but ya know how ya switch to disc 2? I can't, every time I put Disc 2 in, it'll either say...Incorrect disc...or it wouldn't load...

I had the disc and my PS2 checked...and they said it was fine...

Can you switch discs for PS1 games on the PS2?

Okay, this is an edit: SORRY! I meant to post this in the Complete lunar forum...Could you please move it??Or teach me how, if you can, move your own threads...
Lunar is the 2nd greatest game next to FF

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

No problems. I've moved it to the proper forum.

Anyway, the separate CDs still contain the game itself on each CD, but a different set of the animated cutscenes and spoken dialogue. So, have you tried just starting up the game with the 2nd CD in there already? KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

ShadowKnight47
Reza Thief

Post by ShadowKnight47 »

^^yeah, I think so...I'll try again later...

Everytime I do though, it says "Insert disc 1"...when I have disc 2 in there,when ya do that thing with Lucia, and she runs inside the DragonShip Destiny is what I'm talking about...for some reason, I can't load the file from disc 1, on disc 2...I know what you're talking about, because It's like that for Lunar1

I'll try it again later though, More Idea's please!

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

You are playing from original discs, right?

I know I first played EBC on a PS2 rather than a PS1, but I don't recall whether I got to the point of changing discs while I was still using the PS2.

ShadowKnight47
Reza Thief

Post by ShadowKnight47 »

Origonal discs??

I bought it at a store in like, 1999 or 2000...So yeah, I guess you could call it that

I found a disc cleaner in my house, and found out that the guy who inspected my disc was not very good with them, he was only good for systems.....which is kinda weird.....

I'll use it later, I never did try it...

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

I know there are some compatibility issues with the PS2 playing PS1 games, but I don't recall EBC being among the affected games. Anything's possible, though. If your system is modded that could be trouble too; I can't boot up EBC on our PS2 without holding some button because of that and I don't know what would happen if I played it up to the disc-change point. Do you know what model of PS2 you have?

I asked because we've had people come here before to ask for help in getting their discs to play and it turns out after several posts of suggested help that they're playing bootlegs, which kind of invalidates the whole thing.

FYI, the game came out in Dec 2000. ;)

ShadowKnight47
Reza Thief

Post by ShadowKnight47 »

I'll check in like, 5 min

EDIT: Okay, I checked it...I hope this is what you mean....

it says something about a model: SCPH-%0001

and my playstation drive is : 1.11

could it be a prob?

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Post by Dark_Fairy »

Do you have any trouble with any other PS1 games, blue PS2 disks, or DVDs on your PS2? Are you sure that Disk 2 is still working? Sometimes if a game gets too scratched up or old it won't work.

Blue_Sycro
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Blue_Sycro »

When I first played through EBC on PS2 I had this same problem. I actually don't remember what I ended up doing but it was something with the analog (it either had to be on or off or something). Try turning off your analog on the PS2 remote before switching discs, that might be it.

ShadowKnight47
Reza Thief

Post by ShadowKnight47 »

alright, I'll try later ^^thank you so much...I hope it works, and yes...I just cleaned my disc, and not really, does my PS2 play any other PS1 games....maybe a few, not all...I'm try the analog thing later....

EDIT: Didn't work...tried last night...

Guild_Premier_Ghaleon
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Guild_Premier_Ghaleon »

I had this same problem myself. Do you happen to have a mod chip installed into your playstation? That's what caused my problem, I uninstalled it and it worked just fine.
"Perhaps you should demonstrate the power which gives you such confidence. Then we shall see who is fit to be supreme ruler, and who... is dead!"

ShadowKnight47
Reza Thief

Post by ShadowKnight47 »

Guild_Premier_Ghaleon wrote:I had this same problem myself. Do you happen to have a mod chip installed into your playstation? That's what caused my problem, I uninstalled it and it worked just fine.
wtf is a Mod chip? I don't think I have it installed

Guild_Premier_Ghaleon
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Guild_Premier_Ghaleon »

Lmao, mod chip is used to play Japanese imports.
"Perhaps you should demonstrate the power which gives you such confidence. Then we shall see who is fit to be supreme ruler, and who... is dead!"

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Post by Dark_Fairy »

If you don't have any mod chips installed, the only thing I can think of something I read a while back about the laser in the PS2 being moved so it could read PS1 games, DVDs, and PS2 blue disks without any problems. The older PS2s (not slim) have trouble reading things as they get older. You said it had trouble reading PS1 games, right? That's really the only thing I can think of as to what could be wrong.

Moving the laser requires opening the PS2, so I wouldn't recommend it...AT ALL. I had to open my old PS2. My disk tray got jammed using Swap Magic (Kind of like modding, but no chips required) so I had to open my PS2 up. In the end, after not being able to fix the tray, and deciding to put the PS2 back together, no power would come on. So I gave up and sold it to Gamestop.

Plus, I'm not 100% sure if the laser is your problem. It could just be Disk 2 of Lunar 2 being stupid.

ShadowKnight47
Reza Thief

Post by ShadowKnight47 »

Oh gosh. my PS1 works great to switch discs...I'll use that from now on...

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

ShadowKnight47 wrote:
Guild_Premier_Ghaleon wrote:I had this same problem myself. Do you happen to have a mod chip installed into your playstation? That's what caused my problem, I uninstalled it and it worked just fine.
wtf is a Mod chip? I don't think I have it installed
don't you worry about it. worry about Swap Magic. remember that. google it.

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

Guild_Premier_Ghaleon wrote:Lmao, mod chip is used to play Japanese imports.
Also games that you burn yourself. Final Fantasy 8 was one of the first games that were made to refuse to play on "chipped" Playstations.

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

I wish my psx knew that FF8 wasn't worth playing. :lol:

exigence
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by exigence »

a good trick to try is put two pieces of scotch tape paraell on opposite sides of the hole in the center of the disc, somtimes disc drives dont get enough traction to read properly, this is i pretty common problem, iv had to do this with a few of my games mostly blue bottomed ps2 games and with a beck cd. this trick works very well.