Fan Works Raffle! (Do you want a Sega CD with Lunar?)

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
Karthur
Black Dragon Wizard
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Fan Works Raffle! (Do you want a Sega CD with Lunar?)

Post by Karthur »

*emerges from lurking*

For awhile, it has bothered me that most fanfiction contests are nothing but popularity contests. Thus, I have created a solution to the problem. I am now running a fanfiction and fan art raffle.

Basically, you produce a fanfic or a piece of fanart in exchange for a ticket. When the time limit is over, tickets are drawn and prizes are awarded.

Right now, the top three prizes are:
2 GB iPod Nano
SegaCD System with Lunar: The Silver Star
A copy of Suikoden I

There are many others listed, but those are the biggies. Also, as I get more interest, I will add more prizes.

So, if you'd like to join the fun and produce some Lunar fan works, venture over to:

http://community.livejournal.com/karthurcontest/profile

*returns to lurking*
Last edited by Karthur on Sun Jul 01, 2007 2:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Even if I close my eyes the world will not disappear." -- Mathiu Silverberg, Suikoden I

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

I could do an update on LunarNET, if you'd like, Karthur? Considering it's Lunar related, you might get some more entries.
-G1

exigence
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by exigence »

oh jez what a time for my computer to break down, iv been using the wii to surf the web but i dont think i could pull off writing a story id rather draw im better at it.

Karthur
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Karthur »

GhaleonOne wrote:I could do an update on LunarNET, if you'd like, Karthur? Considering it's Lunar related, you might get some more entries.
That would be sweet if you would, Ghaleon!
And...there may be some Lunar Artbooks added as prizes as well ^^
"Even if I close my eyes the world will not disappear." -- Mathiu Silverberg, Suikoden I

MaroonChan
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by MaroonChan »

Dude, I might just have to enter that! (and sorry I tend to call everyone dude. Hope you don't mind.) I like doing fan fiction and fan art. Yeah, I think I'll definitely enter.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Um, "Lunar World Guide"? All I can think of that might be described that way is the Lunar I+II artbook, since the paper strip around it says "all about Lunar's world".

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

That would be sweet if you would, Ghaleon!
And...there may be some Lunar Artbooks added as prizes as well ^^
No problem! In fact, it helps me out as well, since I have very little to update with until I launch the new site. Keeps the updates from looking too bare on the main site. Anyways, just posted it on the main site. Let me know if you spot any errors.
-G1

Karthur
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Karthur »

Alunissage wrote:Um, "Lunar World Guide"? All I can think of that might be described that way is the Lunar I+II artbook, since the paper strip around it says "all about Lunar's world".
Whoops. I've fixed that. There's a photo of it up now, too.

And, Ghaleon, it looks great! Thanks so much :)

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Does a really horribly drawn stick figure of alex count? =P

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

MaroonChan
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by MaroonChan »

Actually, question. It says you gotta comment to tell you you read the rules and stuff, but I don't have a live journal account so can I like just PM you on here to let you know or something?

Karthur
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Karthur »

I need everything posted to that LJ community for my own sanity. Otherwise, I'd be running between six boards, email and LJ. So, please go ahead and make an LJ (they're free and easy to use).

:)

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

To bad I can't draw or read worth a dime. iPod nanos are sexy. =O

Karthur
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Karthur »

Ah, but phyco, the beauty of this is that you're not competing against anyone else, just putting forth your own best effort.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Yeah, but the only thing I am truely comfortable with is doing it in my comic format, which I don't think is allowed because it's not drawn by hand and uses copyrighted images, hehehehe. :P

Oh well, I do have some great ideas for some pictures of Luna, but... yeah, the Robot Devil won't make a deal to get new hands. Something about a mix up in the future that he doesn't want to have to deal with.

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Post by Dark_Fairy »

I really want to enter this, not only to improve my skills, but man...those prizes... :D

I need a few days to think about it though. I already signed up for LJ, I just need to decide if I'm actually going to try or not.

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

i'll find ways to gather sums of money for the artbooks. if you have any extras that you could sell outside of the competition, make an offer.

Agawa
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Agawa »

I'm definitely entering, thanks for posting this here! I never would have found it on livejournal. It's something to occupy my summer, anyway.