What Are You Currently Playing?

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
Old_School
Red Dragon Priest
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

What Are You Currently Playing?

Post by Old_School »

Right now, I'm playing Metroid Trilogy on wii and Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection on PS3. Nintendo announced that Metroid Trilogy will not have any more copies shipped (thus the price will never drop), so I finally caved in and bought it. I still enjoy the classic Metroid formula of new equipment making new areas available and the controls are tight.

I never played through the classic Phantasy Star games, so I bought the Genesis Collection mostly for that purpose. The Sonic games are pretty fun, also. What has everyone else been playing recently?

brightshield
Red Dragon Priest

Re: What Are You Currently Playing?

Post by brightshield »

I'm playing Mass Effect 2. Badass game.

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

I've been playing Resident Evil 5 Versus Mode and Mercenaries, because..... I'm lonely.

My friends don't play the same stuff as me, and there's really only one who plays some games with me and it's always the Wii. I played Klonoa on Wii recently, I just got Tatsunoko vs. Capcom but haven't even played it, and I've left Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection for PS3 just sit there with minimal play.

I also have Final Fantasy: Dissidia and Gran Turismo for my PSP but haven't touched them. I'm backlogged, and I still end up playing RE5 all the time because I need interaction. I think I'm addicted to getting pissed off, because that's all Versus Mode does for me.

I have a lot of games to buy this year. Lunar:SSH, Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing (if it doesn't suck), possibly ModNation Racers, Resident Evil 5:Gold (kill me now), Final Fantasy XIII, God of War III, Metroid Other M, and possibly Mario Galaxy 2 if it's not pushed until 2011.

MaroonChan
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by MaroonChan »

My World My Way for Nintendo DS
Animal Crossing Wild World for Nintendo DS
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time for Nintendo Wii (can't play now since my dog chewed up the disk)
The Legendary Starfy for Nintendo DS
Drawn to Life (playing as Kyle! XD) for Nintendo DS
Dissdia: Final Fantasy for PSP
Final Fantasy for PSP
Chrono Trigger for Nintendo DS
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past for Game Boy Advance
We Wish You a Merry Christmas for Nintendo Wii
The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks for Nintendo DS
Lunar Silver Star Story Complete for Playstation
Nintendogs: Chihuahua and Friends (I have named my puppy Kyle! XD)

Monde Luna
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Monde Luna »

MaroonChan you can play that many games at once!?!?! Thats insane! =o) I am a one game at a time kind of girl. Currently I am playing nothing, but I still have to finish .hack.

Kaiya-Sky
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Kaiya-Sky »

Harvest Moon Animal Parade on the Wii, my friend got it for me for christmas and i just received it about a week ago, im addicted to mining, also I'm play Star Ocean 2 on the psp

whitedragon_nall
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by whitedragon_nall »

No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle on the Wii. Fantastic sequel to an awesome game.

StrawberryFlower
Lyton Singer

Post by StrawberryFlower »

I play Tales of the Abyss with my boyfriend, and I play La Pucelle Tactics alone. :)
^Check out our stuff and join our site! :3

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Post by Dark_Fairy »

Lunar Eternal Blue (Sega CD) - I haven't had the time to finish the spot where I'm at. >_>

Blazeblue: Calamity Trigger (Xbox360) - I really need to complete all the story modes...

Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64) - I know I will get yelled at for never beating this game before since I've had it for years, but at least I'm at the Shadow Temple...

There's other stuff I want to play too, but if I do that I'll never get anything done. I can't play more than 2 or 3 games at a time. >_<;

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Dark_Fairy, if it helps, I'm still on my first playthrough of Majora's Mask, which I started in 2002. Maybe I'll play a few hours of it this year.

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Haha, you're worse than me Alun. I barely touched Twilight Princess, or Resident Evil Remake for the Gamecube when they came out. I have video game A.D.D.

Imperial Knight
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Imperial Knight »

Most of what I've been playing through lately consists of games I've beaten in the past but am revisiting now: Chrono Trigger, Growlanser II, Langrisser IV.

whitedragon_nall
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by whitedragon_nall »

Imperial Knight wrote:Most of what I've been playing through lately consists of games I've beaten in the past but am revisiting now: Chrono Trigger, Growlanser II, Langrisser IV.
Sometimes it's better to play games you already know are good. It seems I'm always playing, at least, one game I've already beaten.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

I'm currently playing Star Trek Online.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

I'll look for your return in a couple years phyco.

Kaiya-Sky
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Kaiya-Sky »

whitedragon_nall wrote:No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle on the Wii. Fantastic sequel to an awesome game.
I forgot about that game up till a week ago, i can't wait to get it, but that probably wont be for awhile

MaroonChan
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by MaroonChan »

Monde Luna wrote:MaroonChan you can play that many games at once!?!?! Thats insane! =o) I am a one game at a time kind of girl. Currently I am playing nothing, but I still have to finish .hack.
Some of those I've been in the middle of for a while, but just haven't touched for ages, lol. I haven't played a whole lot lately. Mostly just Nintendogs: Chihuahua and Friends and Lunar Silver Star Story Complete.

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

For the last two months I've been addicted to Ar Tonelico. Both of them really. The games are quite good if you can overlook the groan-worthy pandering.

I intend to do a large write up here in the future, because while some of it's notoriety is deserved, there's a lot to love with these little gems (however rough around the edges they are).
-Nobi

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Silver Phoenix wrote:I'll look for your return in a couple years phyco.

Ensign, set course for awesome, warp factor 6!
"Aye aye captain!"
... Engage!

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Sonix
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Sonix »

Nobiyuki77 wrote:For the last two months I've been addicted to Ar Tonelico. Both of them really. The games are quite good if you can overlook the groan-worthy pandering.

I intend to do a large write up here in the future, because while some of it's notoriety is deserved, there's a lot to love with these little gems (however rough around the edges they are).
I agree, Ar tonelico II is really great. I wish I could get Ar tonelico I, but thats close to impossible in Europe. There aren't even any copies on eBay.

I hope AT III gets localized fast :)
"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."