Lunar 3 Finally News...

For discussion of rumors of any new Lunar games, including the nonexistent Lunar 3
Lunarreborn
NPC
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Lunar 3 Finally News...

Post by Lunarreborn »

Hello everyone. I don't know who already knows but there is a petition for a potential "Lunar 3" game. So if you are also a fan of the Lunar Series, please support this with your vote! I would love to see another Original Lunar Game. www.lunar-3.com
Some of the original Staff Members would love to return!

Zethus Thorne
Lann Fisherman

Re: Lunar 3 Finally News...

Post by Zethus Thorne »

I know, right!

ShugoHanasaki
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShugoHanasaki »

The hope is there! But nothing is final yet! If we do get it, I do hope they tie in the first two games elegantly and show the series the respect it deserves
Lotus Moon Productions
- Podcasts on Independent Music Artists & Wrestling -

https://soundcloud.com/lotusmoonproductions

brit
White Dragon Knight

Post by brit »

I saw this the other week and got really excited. Already placed my vote.

I do hope they take their time and tie in the original two games into the backstop somehow and don't have another dragonsong mishap. :(

3DS | 3652-1775-0152
PSN | Psychobrit08
SWITCH | SW-1497-7723-9594

** please let me know if you add me **

ShugoHanasaki
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShugoHanasaki »

One of the perfect tie ins in LUNAR 2 was that video package in the game "That...Was a record of my best work" - Ghaleon
Lotus Moon Productions

TheJaydedJay
NPC

Post by TheJaydedJay »

They started a Indiegogo to start advertising.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/luna ... 25921107#/

ShugoHanasaki
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShugoHanasaki »

I have hope for this, I do, but this is one fan raising money for something we're only to believe his word on...it also "coasted" his own money...Asking for that much money just for advertising is a bit much personally...I think we need more proof from this person. At least I do before i'm going to donate anything
Lotus Moon Productions

VidKid369
Red Dragon Priest

Post by VidKid369 »

I saw this on Jenny Stigile's FaceBook fanpage, too...

Screenshot_20210218-214414_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20210218-214414_Facebook.jpg (239.23 KiB) Viewed 38948 times
I was like, "Huh?"

PDM
Meryod Yokel

Post by PDM »

I think it’s legitimate. He already posted a few interviews with some of the voice actors on the lunar 3 YouTube channel. I’m sure he has an uphill battle trying to round up interest since we are basically looking at a dormant 20 year old franchise.
I’d love to see this actually take off.

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

...This might actually exist?
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

JonOU812
Red Dragon Priest

Post by JonOU812 »

c85.jpg
c85.jpg (18.04 KiB) Viewed 33547 times
Check Out My Youtube Channel: YOUTUBE
Follow Me on Twitter: TWITTER
Watch Me Stream: TWITCH

ShugoHanasaki
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShugoHanasaki »

^^^^^^^

I can empathize with this, lol
Lotus Moon Productions

kazuya
Lyton Singer

Post by kazuya »

They need the original people writing the plot. I don't want to see canon getting corrupted by randos!
Darkness beyond twilight
Crimson beyond blood that flows
Buried in the stream of time is where your power grows
I pledge myself to conquer all the foes who stand
before the mighty gift bestowed in my unworthy hand
Let the fools who stand before me be destroyed
by the power you and I possess...
DRAGON SLAVE!

ShugoHanasaki
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShugoHanasaki »

That i agree with! The magic that is LUNAR is created by those beloved writers. Could someone potentially write a better more magical story and give you more feelings then the previous versions? It is completely possible... But I would want at least some input from original creators
Lotus Moon Productions

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Speaking as a fan though? Don't let fans write it. At least not most of it.

Sorry but as longtime fans we have a gross overestimation of what will wind up being interesting, tend to fixate on the wrong details, that sort of thing. I mean even just providing input for Lunar Dragon Song, I can say I totally missed the mark on what would make the game actually enjoyable to play (offer still stands 15+ years later to refund money if anyone actually bought the game based on my recommendation) -- continuity and translation items, sure, but not things like core story elements.

Note that I'm also saying this as a fan of fanmade creations and games. But fanmade games meant to be fanmade games have a different audience and goals in mind than games meant to be widely commercial.
~Kizyr (they|them)

ShugoHanasaki
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShugoHanasaki »

You make one hell of a good point
Lotus Moon Productions

DevNall
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by DevNall »

Kizyr wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 4:18 am I mean even just providing input for Lunar Dragon Song, I can say I totally missed the mark on what would make the game actually enjoyable to play
Hope you don't mind my asking, but what did you suggest, and if you had to go back and do it, what would you suggest differently?

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

DevNall wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 7:13 am
Kizyr wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 4:18 am I mean even just providing input for Lunar Dragon Song, I can say I totally missed the mark on what would make the game actually enjoyable to play
Hope you don't mind my asking, but what did you suggest, and if you had to go back and do it, what would you suggest differently?
It's been a while so I don't remember everything (I do have notes but... not the time to trudge through them at the moment). But G1 and I got a lot of early storyboard and character information, so most of what we provided feedback was on that -- particularly how well it fit in with the rest of the series, or how much it felt (or didn't feel) like a Lunar game in some parts. I also suggested specific translations for any terms that showed up in previous games so they'd be consistent (e.g., Caldor Isle, Beastmen). (Minor aside... only some of the info was translated into English, so I was also going through the Japanese docs and giving spot translations to keep G1 in the loop.)

For simple things like translations for consistency, I think we did pretty good. I, uh... do suspect that it's my fault that the main female protagonist is named Lucia though (my suggestion was to keep it that way because, pfft, I mean you can have two people with the same name in a fantasy setting and it not necessarily mean there's a connection, right?) -- so I think I'd do that one different. Funny enough I suggested using "Jian" instead of "Jean" for the main male protagonist because otherwise I figured people might pronounce "Jean" the same way as the character in Lunar 2. There were also minor bits like how Jian's "curse" was originally him turning into a frog, instead of just losing his abilities -- G1 and I both said that was too... FF-ish over Lunar-ish,

I think one major issue is that there wasn't really any way to highlight any, well, major issues. Like the central premise of it being Beastmen in control of the world instead of humans just did not fit with any previous Lunar lore, but reversing that would've been a massive overhaul. Also we had no idea about the game mechanics until the game itself was in its beta stage -- and we weren't beta testers, so, nothing to do there. And really the biggest complaints were over the game mechanics (running sapping your HP, no ability to select enemies to target in battle, choosing between XP and items, breaking items, running sapping your HP, too many fetch quests, running sapping your HP, a card system, limited magic, running sapping your HP, the list goes on).

My final verdict is that the biggest down-side, besides the game mechanics, is that the final product was basically the same as the storyboard. There was no fleshing out of any of the parts of the story that, if done, could've at least been far more enjoyable than what we got in the end. Like it might've even made up for running sapping your HP.
~Kizyr (they|them)

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

Oh my yes. Fans could put together a better story and a better dialogue, and we could even fix combat by implementing the style used in Lunar 1 and Lunar 2.

In fact, Dragon Song basically done in the style of Lunar 1 and 2 would be a massively improved game. Somebody forgot the ancient rule of 'If it ain't broke, don't fix it.'
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

S.ninja
Red Dragon Priest

Post by S.ninja »

Nothing, and I mean nothing would make me happier than a good new lunar game