What happened?

This board is set up for topics about the fan-based Lunar MMORPG.
Development has been suspended... sorry

Moderator: WD RPG WD

SSSFan
Red Dragon Priest
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80
Location: in front of my computer, above my keyboard, at the lunarnet forum, in my house etc. etc.

Post by SSSFan »

that would be so cool, an online lunar game! I'm really curious :D

Lord_Ghaleon
Student of Vane

Post by Lord_Ghaleon »

Seems like not many have played the game when it was up :?
Looks like i was one of the few that did :D
I wish there was something that i could do to help, but im pretty useless. If you dont mind me asking, what have you do to the game as far as changes or additions?

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

I have to wonder about character classes...

Overall, there's:
Balanced Swordsman (Dyne, Alex, Hiro)
Heavy Weapon (Mel, Kyle, Leo)
Priest(ess) (Lemia? Jessica, Ronfar, Mauri)
Wizard (Ghaleon, Mia, Lemina, Borgan)
Archer (Nash, Tempest, Jean as Dancer)
Martial Artist (Jean as Karateka, Lunn)

Other, restricted special classes:
Flying Cat/Dragon (Nall, Ruby, etc.)
Dragonmaster (Dyne and Alex, briefly)
Divine (Luna/Althena, Lucia, Zophar)
Last edited by Angelalex242 on Wed Sep 07, 2005 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

Lord_Ghaleon
Student of Vane

Post by Lord_Ghaleon »

dont forget tempest as an archer.

NallOne
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by NallOne »

Lord_Ghaleon wrote:Seems like not many have played the game when it was up :?
Looks like i was one of the few that did :D
I wish there was something that i could do to help, but im pretty useless. If you dont mind me asking, what have you do to the game as far as changes or additions?

::raises hand:: Me too! ^_^ I didn't really lose interest so much as lose free time, though. >_>
- Mike

YoungDyne
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by YoungDyne »

Angelalex242 wrote: Wizard (Ghaleon, Mia, Lemina, Borgan)

Angelalex, I'm pretty sure Ghaleon actually studied healing magic back in the day, if I do so correctly recall. You could just as easily put him in both categories for SSSC's sake, or one all to itself(MagicEmperor) ^^ Likewise, I'd imagine Lemia to be the "wizard" type of the Four Heroes group.

Also, where did you get Nash as an archer? Just curious.

I'd also love to see this project back on its feet. Though I'm not sure about the FF-like job system, it's probably the best way to go about character stats in a situation like this.

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

Because personally, I found his bow to be more useful then his magic half the time.

In final fantasy IV, Rosa may be a white mage, but she's also an archer. Nash is sort of in the Rosa mold, except he does Thunder Magic.

Ghaleon was the healer? ...Boy, that guy changes archetypes faster then the rest of the characters change their socks. I just can't picture him as a priest. He doesn't even use healing magic in EBC, when he's redeeming himself. At any rate, it looks like he never heals another wound once Althena and Dyne leave him in the dust.

Oh, wait. I was about to consider Ghaleon in the Divine Category before realizing I missed something.

A Vile Tribe/Mazoku category. For Ghaleon, Xenobia, Phacia, and Royce.
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

YoungDyne
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by YoungDyne »

I see. I actually ONLY used Nash's magic back when I played. xD

Yup, I believe Ghaleon was. He had a priest-like robe in the flashback in SSSC...he used healing magic in the Vheen manga, and it may have been mentioned in one of the games(can't remember, though). Plus, that's just how I always imagined him, even before all that when I first played TSS ^^ So while I'm not 100% sure, I'm still going to go on thinking that way.

To your Viletribe idea: Now there's a category I'd join if I wasn't so in love with being human. Oh, and did you remember to add Beastmen, too?

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

Beastmen don't need a class. Most of them go into the heavy weapon class. (Leo, Mel).

But you do see priestesses (Jessica, Mauri). They're not really monolithic like the vile tribe is.

YoungDyne
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by YoungDyne »

I thought we were starting to talk races ^^;;;;

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

OH!

Then, yes. Some of those 'classes' listed above are also actually races.

For races, though:
Human
Beastman
Vile Tribe
Dragon
Divine

The last two of which are either restricted or for admin only. Cause...there's only 5 dragons, and only 3 divinities.

...Comes to that, that makes sense. You have 3 main admins with Althena/Luna, Lucia, Zophar. Then 5 Subadmins with Nall, Ruby, BlueD, BlackD, StarD.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Just so you know, we had a pseudo-RPG function in an earlier version of the board, for which Rune developed eight Lunarian races. No, Divine was not one of them, nor (as I recall) was dragon -- silly to think of someone playing those, no? Definite balance issues. Anyway, for that purpose a lot of legwork was already done, and I'm sure George already had stuff in mind for the online one he was working on.

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

Blargh. And this Rune's vanished, huh?

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

What gives you that idea? It's been less than a week since she last posted. People who have been fans for a long time are likely to have actual lives outside of messageboards, you know.

She did, however, retire from the RPing system on the site because it was essentially far too broken to be workable.

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

Hmm. Broken codewise or broken balance wise?

Hmm hmm hmm...

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

A number of reasons, mostly because noone has time to keep up with it right now. It's kind of Insydius' project, but I know he's too busy right now too.
-G1

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Not to mention that if there are imbalances or loopholes, there are always these members who start exploiting them like hell and eat up all the bandwidth just 'levelling up'. Kind of defeats the entire purpose.

I'd like to see it restarted, even in just a simple setting, with some silver, EXP, that sort of thing. But, it's a matter of having a set of people both dedicated and competent enough to work out all the bugs, coding and balance wise. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Yeah. It'd be nice to use all that work Rune and to a lesser extent the rest of us put into it. :| I thought about picking it up after her, but I think we were all a little burned out because of the struggle with the ADR limitations. Rereading my notes on on the battle system I'm almost amazed we persevered as long as we did given the incompleteness and relative inflexity of that release.

WD RPG WD
White Dragon Knight

Post by WD RPG WD »

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Life Sucks. No time to work on your hobbies! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

Hmmmmmmmm.

If somebody ever gives me permission to start looking at the code...and if anybody gives me permission to look at the complete battle system...

I might just give myself something to do besides theorizing on my beautiful Lucia all day long...I don't have a resume as a game coder, of course, but what better place to start?