Seriously...

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Seriously...

Post by GhaleonOne »

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060906/ap_ ... i_cruise_7

Someone explain to me why the hell a picture of Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes baby is the top story. After all the damn fuss and such, why the hell does anyone care at this point? Is anyone else sick and tired of hearing about it?
-G1

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

I don't watch TV. I don't read the tabloids. I don't visit news sites.

I've discovered that the worthwhile news generally gets a thread at the average forum.

That said, I can't take an interest in celebrity lives when it won't have any major changes in their careers.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

It's because they are celebrities, and it probably doesn't hurt that they are now scientologists and all the press that south park got from their coming out of the closet episode. Also, the fact that they managed to keep the paparazi away is extrodinary, normally if they want a picture, they'll do anything to get it. I mean, it got so bad rumors where spreading on the net that katie was never pregnant and never had a baby. Kinda like how 9/11 never happened and pearl harbor is only a movie. :)

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Scientology is starting to look like a celebrity "fad".

It'll be truly hilarious if they start making scientology backbacks and lunchboxes.

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

In my opinion, it's because there was such a fuss about it. It created a feeling of mystery.

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Werefrog wrote:In my opinion, it's because there was such a fuss about it. It created a feeling of mystery.

This is probably true of the majority, excepting Isaac Hayes.

DeathBeforeDenial
Dragonmaster

Post by DeathBeforeDenial »

Benevolent_Ghaleon wrote:Scientology is starting to look like a celebrity "fad".

It'll be truly hilarious if they start making scientology backbacks and lunchboxes.

It's a dangerous cult is what it is.

And the American Divinification of celbrities is disgusting. That's what happens when a society values the most foolish and useless traits, the top story becomes "Celebrity Couples".

Disgusting if I may say so.

AbsoluteAlex
Red Dragon Priest

Post by AbsoluteAlex »

Oh come now, this is a great story, compelling and rich. I mean who doesnt want to hear about the child of two famous actors.
I wasn't born to fit in, I was born to stand out

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

I'm more intrested in hearing news about my child, and I don't even have one. I want one though :P I'll feed it, pet it, love it, and change it, and walk it every day.

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

phyco126 wrote:I'm more intrested in hearing news about my child, and I don't even have one. I want one though :P I'll feed it, pet it, love it, and change it, and walk it every day.

That's what you said about the puppy, young man. Now, I don't think I need to remind you about how that went.

Scorpioeyez
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Scorpioeyez »

It's almost as bad as the story of Tom and Katie auctioning off their baby's first poop bronzed for charity. (yes, it's true)
~ Webmaster of OtakuReview ~

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

Scorpioeyez wrote:It's almost as bad as the story of Tom and Katie auctioning off their baby's first poop bronzed for charity. (yes, it's true)

What?... no way! I can't believe that, and I'm a very gullible person (I like to think of it as trusting :D ) Let's face it. The problem with the media and celebrities is that many celebrities are media whores. And the media is just standing there in a poorly lit strip club full of smoke and booze with crisp one dollar bills to shove in the celebrities panties.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Scorpioeyez wrote:It's almost as bad as the story of Tom and Katie auctioning off their baby's first poop bronzed for charity. (yes, it's true)

Yeah... I do not believe that either. For one, a new born's poop is wet and very messy, not solid like a toddlers to adults. Think of it as a brown soupy liquid that usually doesn't stay in the diaper.

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

phyco126 wrote:

Yeah... I do not believe that either. For one, a new born's poop is wet and very messy, not solid like a toddlers to adults. Think of it as a brown soupy liquid that usually doesn't stay in the diaper.

When discussing that, can we minimalize the number of adjectives?

Pisces
Threadkiller

Post by Pisces »

Hey, everyone...

You know what's really funny?

You're all talking about Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes and their baby.

Media - 1
Lunar Public - 0

:P
"Let man's petty nations tear themselves apart; my land's only borders lie around my heart."

-Tim Rice, from the song "Anthem" in the musical Chess

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

Celebrity culture is definately the new priesthood.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Pisces wrote:Hey, everyone...

Media - 1
Lunar Public - 0

.... touche

Well, how about we all talk about me! :D *Everyone walks away, crickets start chirping* Awww.... ;-;

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

phyco126 wrote:
Pisces wrote:Hey, everyone...

Media - 1
Lunar Public - 0

.... touche

Well, how about we all talk about me! :D *Everyone walks away, crickets start chirping* Awww.... ;-;

I noticed the similarity between the smiley and your avatar. Could we possibly get the face from your avatar and make it an emoticon? I'd appreciate that.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Actually, as much as I like this, I would like to get my old avatar back, but for whatever reasons I can't upload it anymore (suddenly the file is "too large," which puzzles me because it's the same I had up before.)