Best Games of All Time (Discussion)

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
PrettyGirlJean
White Dragon Knight
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Best Games of All Time (Discussion)

Post by PrettyGirlJean »

Oh man, was it really hard for anyone else to make your list? I'm still not even sure if the one I posted is my final or not. Unfortunately for me there are quite a few games I've played that spawned 2 or more sequels!

Also, the list was hard for me since it's difficult to compare an RPG to a fighting game and/or a game without an end such as The Sims... I tried to factor in how often I played and/or how much I enjoyed playing them against the RPGs... yet it was still pretty tough.

Also, I really felt I was leaving out some other really good games, unfortunately, games like Skies of Arcadia I haven't finished... or FFX for instance. I was going to add them, but thought it wouldn't be right :\ Secret of Monkey Island was a game I finished, but I just didn't have room for it :\ As well as a few other Sega CD favorites like Rise of the Dragon, D, and Willy Beamish. I also enjoyed playing Black and White for the PC as well as the old text adventure for C64 called "Plundered Hearts" ... although I never was able to finish it before the C64 was gotten rid of :\ I also can't find it ANYwhere today, and even if I could, it's doubtful I could play it.

Maybe we should have an Honorable Mentions thread for an additional 10 games? :D

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Regarding the C64, last I checked, you could still buy them cheap on Ebay. I need to get a new disk drive, as mine is finally fried, but other than that, I still have mine in the back closet. Just nowhere to set it up currently.
-G1

Karthur
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Karthur »

I couldn't vote. I couldn't rank my favorite games because I love them all equally. XD
"Even if I close my eyes the world will not disappear." -- Mathiu Silverberg, Suikoden I

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Heh, it looks fun and I would participate, but its too hard for me to do that. Not to mention 20 games is alot of games to think about. I mean, for sure L:SSSC and L:EBC are the first two, after that I couldn't begin to put a rank on my games.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Rune Lai
Bromide Hunter

Post by Rune Lai »

I basically pruned all the games I've played into a top thirty list based on how much I enjoyed them at the time I first played them, how much I would enjoy them now, and how much I think they contributed to breaking new ground or setting a standard. And then I worked from there, steadily trimming them one at a time.

Obviously it was hard to compare across genres, and I missed a lot of fighting games because of that. Street Fighter II probably should have been in there, and Samurai Shodown, and the first King of Fighters. Fatal Fury 2 was in my top 30, but I trimmed it out. I think Soul Calibur was the only one of the fighting games I played that made the final cut.

It was also hard to comapre across age. I also left out some of the really old RPGs like Pool of Radiance, which was a Mac/PC/Apple II classic, and Temple of Apshai which was my first ever computer RPG. Then going back to the Atari 2600, Slot Racers and Combat were my favorite of the early 80s era but I left those out as well.
You have taught us the pity to live.
But I will not forget the beauty of life itself.
--Hyuui Riin, Phantasy Star II
-- http://www.sabrecat.net/ --

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

That's why I did top 20. I figure top 10 would have been hell to pick for some of us. I could have gone on as well with a few games like Final Fantasy X, some of the NES games I used to love, some of the other older RPGs I used to play like the SNES Lufias and Illusion of Gaia. I figure top 20 at least gets the major favorites in though.
-G1

Erroneous
Legendary Hero

Post by Erroneous »

Overall "The Elder Scrolls" series always amazed me each time a game came out. They literally reinvented many of RPG aspects when each release came out. Though most people tend to shun the series that is until Morrowind came out. Those that did pick up this game somewhat noticed the reinventions and originality of the game, but that was really limited to the PC owners and not the Xbox owners. But now that chapter 4 "Oblivion" is coming out as one of the few RPG's for the 360, I'm hopeing the people realize what an awesome game this is and not focus on the battle interface as much as they do to most RPG's and player to player connection since this not being an online game or two player mode.
---
LunarNET Discord: https://discord.gg/yzXgsSa

lioyd
BANNED

Post by lioyd »

I tryed to remember all my favourite games but when I remembered them all I knew that I had played some really cool games :)

you know? when I play a game I put soul ,my heart, my brain and my melody in it.

''Be in the game not of the game'' bart simpson

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

I can't wait for Oblivion to come out, I seriously can't. I loved Daggerfal, I've loved Morrowind, so I'm pretty sure I'm going to love Oblivion.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."