Lunar Musical

For people with stuff to show off. Artwork, music you've composed, websites you've designed, etc. Put it here.
Kazie Solo
Red Dragon Priest
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Lunar Musical

Post by Kazie Solo »

This came to mind because we're currently doing an adaptation of a Playstation RPG for a play which will be staged this coming July. I so wanted to do Lunar but until we work out the vocals (that is, translating the Japanese vocals to English and fitting them into the music without sounding weird) we're doing something else for the meantime.

Which now brings me to this topic: if we were to stage a Lunar musical using songs and music outside the games, what could those be and for who/what scenes? :D
<font color=pink>Beware of Phyco the Bunny Master, Lunartic the metal-rolling-pin-wielding Diva Sweetheart, and Kazie the White Bunny. We are going to take over... er, save the world!

...yes, we're accepting friends. ^_^</font>

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Oh, I know! Have ghaleon sing "I just can't wait to be king" from The Lion King, and change the lyrics to "Oh I just can't wait to be magical emperor!"

For the record, if someone did a musical for Lunar, I would so want to see it.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

Actually, if you changed the story-specific lyrics from "Poor Unfortunate Souls" from The Little Mermaid into stuff that pertained to Lunar, it'd be a great song for fake Althena.

Are you doing Lunar 1 or 2 though?

Kazie Solo
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Kazie Solo »

We're thinking of doing both, first TSS/SSSC then EB/EBC, but who knows when we'd be able to do it. For now brainstorming will do. :lol:

Ghaleon doing I Just Can't Wait To Be King would be hilarious. And for some reason I can just see him strutting. xD

Random stuff I thought of:
1. Alex's Theme - Go the Distance from Hercules
2. something Ronfar/Mauri - My Confession by Josh Groban
<font color=pink>Beware of Phyco the Bunny Master, Lunartic the metal-rolling-pin-wielding Diva Sweetheart, and Kazie the White Bunny. We are going to take over... er, save the world!

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

Let's not forget that Ghaleon was an Abba fan. There has to be some sort of acknowledgement of that. Maybe he could sing "The Winner Takes it All" or something.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

How about Ghaleon dressed in his dress singing "I'm the dancing queen?"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously though, I honestly don't know what kind of songs the characters can sing. What about Quark, I'm sure he has a couple of tunes to sing to Alex and Ghaleon. Ramus? "Diamonds are a guy's best friend" would be nice.

LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter

Post by LuNaRtIc »

Kazie Solo wrote: 2. something Ronfar/Mauri - My Confession by Josh Groban
Have you heard any of his new stuff? :D "In Her Eyes" might also make for a good Ronfar/Mauri song from Ronfar's POV. Listen to it, it's gorgeous. ^_^
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」
My avatar art was done by luleiya! <3

Dying_Soul93
Lostest Boy

Post by Dying_Soul93 »

interesting...

...btw, I'm doing something along the lines of a lunar SSSC musical, but, it's a kareoke party XD

...Featuring not only the 5 heros, But me, Kemana, and our friend heather!

...If ya wanna be in my kareoke fanfic, PM me!
"Fate cannot be changed" -Neji Hyuuga

Kazie Solo
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Kazie Solo »

LuNaRtIc wrote:Have you heard any of his new stuff? :D "In Her Eyes" might also make for a good Ronfar/Mauri song from Ronfar's POV. Listen to it, it's gorgeous. ^_^
Not yet, but now that you mentioned it, I will. I just can't help it, though, coz I love My Confession to bits (as well as When You Say You Love Me). ^_^

Hm, Ghaleon can do Abba with his fairies, ne? :lol:

If I had the talent, I'd turn this into a comic. xD

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

*starts writing down a script*

Dragonmaster Dyne
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Dragonmaster Dyne »

That sounds like a brilliant idea. I would totally see it.

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

Alex would totally sing that song from the beginning of "Beauty and the Beast" with the Burg villagers.

And I can sorta see Leo singing "Anthem" from Chess, even though that song makes my brain hurt from too many bad tenors auditioning for musical theater productions with it.

"I Will Never Leave You" from Side Show would be great for Hiro and Lucia at the very end of Lunar 2.

And for some reason I can see Royce singing "Bring On the Men" by Linda Eder.

Kazie Solo
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Kazie Solo »

Oooh, very interesting, I'm sure checking those songs out! :D

Perhaps Where Do I Go From Here? from Pocahontas 2 can work for Lucia, during those moments when she starts to get conflicting thoughts and feelings about Hiro (and their friends) and her mission at hand.