PS3

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

PS3

Post by Guest »

Sadly after reading Electronic gaming monthly I came upon an article that says that the PS3 will be around $400-$500 now how am I supposed to afford that I couldn't even buy the DS (even though i have Lunar dragon song) so looks like i'll be seeing the PS4 before I can even afford to buy the PS3.

Jyd3n
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Jyd3n »

You've got to be kidding me!! If Sony hopes to compete with the XBox 360 they're gonna hafta match thier prices or they can say goodbye to all thier customers. Up to $500, that's just plain too much even for a PS3.

DaWrestla
Red Dragon Priest

Post by DaWrestla »

so looks like i'll be seeing the PS4 before I can even afford to buy the PS3.

That's basically what I'm going to do with the PS2. I'll probably buy one (to get KH2 and FFXII) right before the PS3 comes out.
Vaporized before my eyes

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Er, the Xbox360 is 400. That's what these new systems are going for. I think it's ridiculous and another reason I hope the Revolution does well. If I recall right, I believe they plan to launch it at 200. (might have been 250 or 300, but it wasn't more than that)

People can stand by their Sony and Microsoft loyalties all they want, but when they charge 400-500 for their new systems, especially when Sony has a shoddy rep with launch products, I give them a resounding "hell no". I'll get them eventually, but not for a year or two at those prices.
-G1

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

I'll just stick to a computer thank you very much. Costs the same anyways.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

GhaleonOne wrote:People can stand by their Sony and Microsoft loyalties all they want, but when they charge 400-500 for their new systems, especially when Sony has a shoddy rep with launch products, I give them a resounding "hell no". I'll get them eventually, but not for a year or two at those prices.

Amen to that.

Though I submit that Sony deserves a shoddy rep on products overall. :(
「まあいいけど。」

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

I'm starting to really doubt Sony's better judgment in their product development. You'd think they'd learn their lesson from the PSP that people aren't going to shell out a whole bunch of cash just because it's a Sony product.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

I want a PSP, but I don't have the cash for it... *cries* Of course, in the event I am able to splurge money, I'll probably be spending it on the PSP :) However, that is some years off.

DevNall
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by DevNall »

phyco126 wrote:I'll just stick to a computer thank you very much. Costs the same anyways.

I disagree with this assessment: a high-end computer for gaming will cost you way more than a console. Plus, next thing you know, there's a better video card, blah blah blah.

Plus there's the hassle of drivers, installation, compatibility, patches, .etc.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Nah, my high end gaming system only cost me around an arm and a leg :)

No, you are right about that, but seriously, you have Mac and Microsoft. You can get a decent system for basically the same cost as a consle (never said the computer is better for gaming though :P) Anyway, with gaming, you have to pick GBA, DS, GC, XBox, PS2, PSP.... blah. I like Mac or PC better :)

I'm not really fooling anyone really, but I kind of like being able to check my e-mails, post here on the forums, and read the news without having to purchase an insanely expensive extention for my system *coughps2cough*

Yes, I'm biased ^_^

localflick
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by localflick »

You might want to wait, not just for the price, but for Sony to work out potential problems with their system first. Their track record for hardware isn't the best, but they're getting better.

PSX - Remember in 1995 when people put their Playstations on shag carpeting and they overheated? There was a product (I think it was called "ice" or something) just created to help with the original PSX's poor ventilation.

PS2 - I don't know if others had a similar problem, or if it was just a bad batch in my area, but I know 3 people who each rushed out to get a PS2... then each had to get the disc drive repaired. One of them sounded like a lawnmower when it ran. The other two just broke.

PSP - Nothing so far (thank God!) Just don't drop it.

Oh yeah, GO SOX!!!

Tachi
Burg Farmer

Post by Tachi »

Actully the PSP is nice for the price, I`m writing this on mine, it not as much a toy as it is a handheld PC.

But I do agree over 300 for a console is insane regardless who makes it, I mean PCs start at 500 and up...

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

The PSP has it's defects - it just doesn't have any that Sony (as represented by Kutaragi) is apologetic about.

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=57686
「まあいいけど。」

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Eh. I've played the PSP and I had no issues with it. Of course, it was just for an hour or so. The only quirk that still bugs me about the PSP is it's battery life. Hurry up and make a freaking nuclear powered battery for crying out loud! I mean, at least we won't get cancer....

Tachi
Burg Farmer

Post by Tachi »

Eh a 3ish hour rechageable in an hour is decent, but the old squre button arkgument is just that, old. never had any problems with the button.

localflick
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by localflick »

I was wondering if the Gameboy micro had similar problems. For those of us with big hands, it looks like it would be awkward to use.