Question

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Question

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

Do the Guitar Hero games in japan have japanese songs or are japanese living rooms the stage for some god awful American Idol?

if the latter is true, then when they get Guitar Hero: Rocks the 80's, japanese people will be singing "turning japanese". :lol:

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

http://www.gamefaqs.com/search/index.ht ... platform=0

Looking at the data on GameFAQs, it doesn't look like any of them have even been released in Japan. Just here, Europe and Australia.
-G1

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

GhaleonOne wrote:http://www.gamefaqs.com/search/index.ht ... platform=0

Looking at the data on GameFAQs, it doesn't look like any of them have even been released in Japan. Just here, Europe and Australia.
That's really weird... I could've sworn I've seen Guitar Hero in Japan. However, there are so many beat-based games in arcades there now that it's easy to confuse one for another sometimes.

Odd; I always just assumed that it was a ported-over game. Guess not. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

Kizyr, you probably saw Guitar Freaks. Guitar Freaks is basically the game Guitar Hero was modeled after. The main difference besides the song titles is that Harmonix added two extra "fret" keys. More superficial differences is that Harmonix added some of their own style to the game. A quick visit to Gamefaqs' Bemani board will show that Bemani-fans hate Guitar Hero... go figure.

AnimeJei
Red Dragon Priest

Post by AnimeJei »

Yeah, I thought I seen it there too but then again I don't know much about Guitar Hero, so it must've been something like it. If Guitar Hero had Japanese songs I think I would be drawn to it more. On DDR I like the J-pop/rock songs more..same as in Karaoke box while in Japan, though I sucked it was still fun. I gotta try Guitar Hero sometime just for the heck of it..
Image"Sample my goods!!"

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Werefrog wrote:Kizyr, you probably saw Guitar Freaks. Guitar Freaks is basically the game Guitar Hero was modeled after.
Yeah, that definitely explains it... I never played either, so they looked like the exact same game to me. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Master Of Puppets
Lyton Singer

Post by Master Of Puppets »

I'm sure they have something similiar, and if not they will eventually.