Dragon Quest 8 demo/keychain.

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
Angelalex242
Legendary Hero
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Post by Angelalex242 »

7 has some interesting themes, doesn't it. Especially in the epilogue. It...sounds VERY familiar, doesn't it?
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

Katze
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Katze »

I just ordered the demo of DQ8 a couple days ago. But it's on a first-come-first-serve basis, so I don't even know if I'm going to get one. I haven't been notified of them running out of stock, though.

And by the time it gets here, the game will be out already. I really just ordered the demo so that I might be able to get a keychain. XD But I won't be getting a PS2 until Christmas anyway, so it doesn't really matter. I can always take the game/demo to my friends' houses and play it there.

By the way, supposedly you can get a free demo of Final Fantasy XII with the game. But I was wondering, do you need to pre-order DQ8 to get it, or what?

Greensky
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Greensky »

You just ordered the demo now...? By the time the demo ships to you, the actual game will be out. Lol. November 22nd is the release date.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

I know it didn't take four weeks for the demo to get to me, so I don't see why you should assume that it will take four weeks to get to him. However, if you actually bothered to read past the first sentence you'd see that a) he's aware that the game may be out first and b) he's hoping for a keychain, which wouldn't lose any value for arriving after the game came out.

Greensky
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Greensky »

Well Alun, if you actually bothered to re-read the ordering site details or previous posts in this topic, it says "Please allow 4 to 6 weeks for delivery." So that's what I'm "assuming" it will take.

But yeah... I guess a keychain would be nice. 8)

Agawa
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Agawa »

GhaleonOne wrote:Shipments can only be made to U.S. and Canadian addresses."

Oh. Oh! Yes! It's a free offer that ships to Canada! Finally, the day has come!
Anyway, thank you very much for pointing this out. It may be too late, but I still signed up just in case. Thank you very much.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Greensky wrote:Well Alun, if you actually bothered to re-read the ordering site details or previous posts in this topic, it says "Please allow 4 to 6 weeks for delivery." So that's what I'm "assuming" it will take.

But yeah... I guess a keychain would be nice. 8)

You're still not reading...or thinking, or both. The relevant, practical point was that I already got my demo and it bloody well wasn't 4 weeks...just over two weeks, as it happens. So your citing the standard disclaimer (which likely applies mainly to the keychains) as a basis for assumption is pretty meaningless, because it's already been proven that it is not true for all cases...therefore, you can NOT assume that it will take that long for him to receive the demo.

Greensky
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Greensky »

I suppose it all depends on the day you order it, where you live, etc. But rest assured dear Alun, I have not stopped reading or thinking. You simply base your opinion of shipping on personal experience. I base it on official disclaimers. Neither are incorrect, well, perhaps not according to you I suppose...

So your citing the standard disclaimer as a basis for assumption is pretty meaningless

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Hey, just got my keychain today in the mail, so if anyone's waiting on it, you might get it shortly.
-G1

Rune Lai
Bromide Hunter

Post by Rune Lai »

That's great news. Hopefully mine will show up in the next day or two then...
You have taught us the pity to live.
But I will not forget the beauty of life itself.
--Hyuui Riin, Phantasy Star II
-- http://www.sabrecat.net/ --

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

I should say keychains actually. There's two of them.
-G1

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

I got one large one - a GoldSlime. (I had to do some research to figure out what it was called.)

I would've rather gotten two small ones, but hey, it was free. :D
「まあいいけど。」

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

I got mine yesterday (Friday). They're Japanese originals, and not U.S. manufactured. I wish I could take a picture of them, and show you guys. I didn't get any of the unique gels. I got a medium or large sized clear blue gel. It's double or triple the size of a hershey's kiss. I also got a keychain with three small gels on it. One is clear green or aqua marine, kinda hard to tell. The second is clear pink, and the third is clear orange. I guess I should say transparent. The small ones are a little bigger than a piece of Skittles candy.

Which ones did you get Mickey? I still didn't have a chance to play the DQ8 demo.

Greensky
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Greensky »

Yeah, I would want the 3 small slimes keychain the most.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Which ones did you get Mickey? I still didn't have a chance to play the DQ8 demo.

I got a clear one with blue spots on him, and a clear yellow-ish one.
-G1

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

I wonder how big the largest keychains are. I have no idea if my largest keychain is actually just a medium size, or large. Shiva Indis seems to be the only one to have a unique gel so far.

Rune Lai
Bromide Hunter

Post by Rune Lai »

My brother and I got ours today. I got an orange marine slime and something I has to research that I think is called a Metal Babble. My brother got the three mini-slimes stuck together and a regular orangish slime.
You have taught us the pity to live.
But I will not forget the beauty of life itself.
--Hyuui Riin, Phantasy Star II
-- http://www.sabrecat.net/ --