Terrible Games

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
DragonMaster Sam
Nanza Bandit
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Post by DragonMaster Sam »

Anybody ever play Super Play Action Football for the SNES? That is just a horrible game. It's easy to play the high school level, but in the NFL, it's hard to complete a pass.

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

Oh dear, Sam, don't you know? Referring to a sports game as terrible is like bashing the movie "Glitter." It's implied when you say the title.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Actually, the few sports titles I've played, I've rather liked. :) RBI Baseball 3 (or something of the sort) and Tony LaRussa Baseball 1995 are among them. Oh, and NBA Jam. Those were some fun games. :D

Nicktoons Racing was pretty bad, if you ever played that. A Mario Kart clone with Nicktoons characters... it just wasn't nearly as interesting.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

A l e x
Nanza Bandit

Post by A l e x »

How bout every sports game for the casual box? They suck pretty hard.
I have the Italien Remix of Spark in the Dark.
It's much better.

Aaron
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Aaron »

Beyond the Beyond for PS1

ugh one of the worst games ever

Wolfman_Samurai
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Wolfman_Samurai »

I don't think i've ever played a game I thought sucked. Now, I've played some real stinkers like BloodRayne2 and the original Legacey of Kain but nothing so bad i could not play it. There are however 2 games I played that the dubbing was so horrible I almost gave up on them. They were Physic Force and Space Griffin. Man the voice overs were just BBBBBAAAADDDD!

P.S. I almost forgat About Robot Alchemic Drive. Horrible voice overs but great game play.

Zhirl
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Zhirl »

I actually liked...FFVIII, and Xenogears, I have but never played...

Games I think suck/boring I sell.
I could say Zelda, but that would give me a lot of haters...

Besides Dark Cloud I/II, I thought Musashi Samurai Legend sucked BADLY. (I guess I must have forgotten everything else.)
Curiosity killed the cat, white man brought it back.

artzi
Red Dragon Priest

Post by artzi »

Orphen Scion Of Sorcery is quite crappy.
Legend Of dragoon is cool. I got it for free from mailorder. Those suckers forgot to bill me. MADLOL!!! MWAHAHAHAHA! :twisted:

Darkgeohound
Nanza Bandit

Post by Darkgeohound »

GhaleonOne wrote:.

Oh and Final Fantasy VII. That was an utter pile of crap. :P ::waits to get flamed::

I agree very much. That is one of the first time I have ever heard any diss that game.
There is no greater purpose in life than that which we make for ourselves.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Actually, I was being sarcastic. Though honestly, I do feel it's overrated, but terrible is going a bit too far.
-G1

Darkgeohound
Nanza Bandit

Post by Darkgeohound »

Horrible Games: Inuyasha: Secret of the Cursed Mask for PS2 (and i think i is a good show, up till the third season)

Wild Arms 1, 2, and 3

FFVII (please do not hate me!)

FFX (again, please don't hate me!)

Grandia Extreme (Great battle system, though)

Breath of Fire 1 and 3
There is no greater purpose in life than that which we make for ourselves.

localflick
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by localflick »

As far as RPGs go, I really like Phantasy Star II, but before you can save anywhere, you have to make these very long journeys to places that take forever to go through, then fight (or teleport) your way back to a town to save. In some of these places they put random uber-powerful enemies that can easily wipe you out unless you run from them. After fighting for like 45 mins to get to my destination only to have my healer wiped out in one hit, and my other party members run out of healing items and die, I tossed the GBA cart across the room. But I still like PSII even though it's a pain in my bum sometimes. :wink:

As for the Lufia Haters, check out the one for Advance. For me it totally makes up for the one on GBC.

...and yes now everyone carries a telepipe. I've learned my lesson.

meru
Reza Thief

Post by meru »

I loathe the Kirby games... Har har...
I wanted healing, attention, and love to gain. But you gave me hatred, abuse and pain.
-Meru

Ruby
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Ruby »

Hmm.. awful games, awful games... Well Final Fantasy VII is quite possibly the crappiest game of all time, and also has proved damaging to humanity. Yeah yeah, the latest GTA has the pixels of moral decay (Oh noes it's 17+ instead of 18+! The world will fall apart! Quick, to the tax funds Hillary!) but FF7 has given me a lifetime of having to deal with Sephiroth954312872 and his 954312871 friends. And no amount of package insert changing will make them go away. -.-

Sephiroth954312872
Meryod Yokel

Post by Sephiroth954312872 »

We Sephiroth lovers will haunt you forever! My 954312871 other Sephiroth followers will destroy you FFVII post by FFVII post at a time. Mwahahaha

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

*snicker*

Ruby
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Ruby »

Sephiroth954312872 wrote:We Sephiroth lovers will haunt you forever! My 954312871 other Sephiroth followers will destroy you FFVII post by FFVII post at a time. Mwahahaha

You fiends! I'll never give to you! I'll fight you on the sea! I'll fight you on the beaches! I'll fight you by that cute little ice cream shop that has that big plastic ice cream cone by 35th street where the pizza shop with the spicy sauce is by the beach!

meru
Reza Thief

Post by meru »

*Hides in corner*
Ack! I FFVII hater versus a Sephiroth lover! This could get nasty...
I wanted healing, attention, and love to gain. But you gave me hatred, abuse and pain.
-Meru

localflick
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by localflick »

Ruby, did Sephiroth954312872 join the MB with the sole intent to spite you?

Hmmm, I, along with everyone else that beat FF7 killed Sephiroth. So since he's dead there should be no more of his followers right?

Rage on Ruby! Fight the good fight! That bastard uses Supernova for goodness sake. Supernova!

segaboy7
Red Dragon Priest

Post by segaboy7 »

Worst game ever hummmmmmm
Well thats a tuff one, I notice most of you are focusing on RPGs, but I am sure that all of the games mentioned are not as bad as some of the non-rpg early genesis, snes and playstation games. I do agree with the ones saying FF8, but I feel its really FF8 to FF11, the games have just lost their soul. Now if I had to pick a really really bad game, bad dudes for NES was pretty bad, actually at the moment I can't even think of a game that Bad, but I do wanna see ppls non rpg worst games