Preparing for the new Lunar game

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
phyco126
Dragonmaster
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Preparing for the new Lunar game

Post by phyco126 »

Well, I decided that I needed to prepare for the new Lunar release, but I wasn't sure how. Then it came to me. So I dusted off my old playstation and hooked it up. Gotta say, Playstation games were NOT meant to be played on large TVs, lol. Its so old that it took some time to get it up and running, as for some reason it didn't want to work right at first. Anyway, PICTURES!!!

http://www.phyco126.com/images/DSC_00063.JPG

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Alex_Pwns_Hiro
Red Dragon Priest

Re: Preparing for the new Lunar game

Post by Alex_Pwns_Hiro »

That TV is NICE. Awesome TV, buying your sister a Wii and a laptop, giving your dad money... Dude, where do you work?! lol

Sonix
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Sonix »

How big is that tv?
"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."

PrettyGirlJean
White Dragon Knight

Post by PrettyGirlJean »

That makes me wonder would it would look like on my 42" flatscreen at 1080p... probably pretty bad too I imagine ^^; I'm totally with you on this type of preparation. I haven't played TSS in YEARS.... ;_; No time like the present to get started! If I can I'll take pics too! xD

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Sonix: Its a 42" HDTV 1080P 120 Hertz.

Alex_Pwns_Hero: You totally forgot the Xbox 360 thats next to that TV! =P I work as a Security Officer/Supervisor (I get a whooping 50 cents more an hour as a supervisor). Trust me, its not as much as you might expect. I just have very little bills. In retrospect, I could probably pay my debt off faster if I channeled that kind of money to it. However, its not like I'm NOT paying the old debt off. I'm just doing it at a pace that I like. Fun and games will come to an end extremely soon though, as I'm getting ready to move into my own home for the first time since... 2005. So thats gonna kill me, especially without the whole roommate speal. (Oh, and I make $10/hour. Which is great for now. Would have been better if I made that kind of cash back in 2004 when inflation was lower =/ ).

PGJ: Since your TV is the same size as mine, it'll look the same, save for any differences that your TV has with its ability to show the picture. Nifty tip: Sit far enough away and play it for an hour. You tend to forget about the fugly blockyness of it all and it ends up looking real nice. :)

localflick
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by localflick »

First off, sweet tv, and what looks like the high-end elite 360.

As for the picture quality, pretty much any system that doesn't use a component cable looks pixeltastic on an HDTV. I've been playing the psx version of Lunar 2 in (sort of) HD by using a psp slim with custom firmware and a component tv-out cable. The resulting picture quality is very clear, but unless you already have everything for the set up it's not a big enough jump in quality to be worth it. But it is cool to be able to play Lunar or any other psx game on the train on the way to work, then later on pick up where I left off on tv.

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

42" is actually the best size for a big screen. Any bigger than that and the colors suffer.

Does anyone know anything else about the TRAILER for the new Lunar that's supposed to happen?

jay_are
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by jay_are »

Oh wow ^_^

phyco126, are you sure you want to play old games, on a new TV?
I dont own any TVs like that, but i've heard older games hurt your eyes when played on those...
is that true?

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

It bugs my eyes because of how fugly and pixelated it is, but if I sit far enough away I don't have any issues. My eyes aren't particularly sensitive to strain caused by whatever.

Yes, I have the Xbox 360 Elite, it plays me games and movies (actually, its one of the better DVD players I have now, I'm impressed!).As for Lunar on the PSX, I'd play more, but there just isn't really any room to keep playing it. That, and I'm having stutter issues with cinema scenes. Plus, I forgot how ungoddly slow the menu can be on the PSX. That, and I have no free saves nor any memory cards. :( They stopped selling old school cards before I got a job. However, I do have some free time coming up, so I might try to powerplay :D