Earthbound music

Your general gaming entertainment thread.
From Mario to Sonic, Zelda to Final Fantasy. Talk about it here.
Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Earthbound music

Post by Sonic# »

Alright, this is just something of personal interest. Two things.

1. Is there an Earthbound OST or anything of that nature?

2. I'm kind of interested in one specific song, for which I can only find MIDIs. I want one in better quality. It's "Coffee and Tea", the one that plays first in Saturn Valley and then Tenda Village, with the trippy background and all that telling you about your quest. Does anyone know where to find it?

http://starmen.net/mother2/midi/coffee.mid

There's the midi, if you're terribly curious.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

DaWrestla
Red Dragon Priest

Post by DaWrestla »

I don't know, but it sounds super sweet. Earthbound....what a great game.
Vaporized before my eyes

WD RPG WD
White Dragon Knight

Post by WD RPG WD »

There actually is an OST but its very rare. I have the track you want. AIM me when your on. I need to go find it first.

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

Holy crap, there's a Mother 2 soundtrack CD?

It was years after I played Earthbound that I actually became aware that the game had fantastic music. (How I could be so dense, I don't know. I guess because I was young and impressionable, and there weren't people telling me that the music was good like there are for Uematsu's stuff.) But concidering that it came from the same guy who composed the music in the original Metroid, I shouldn't have been suprised.

Sonic#, do you know about SPC emulation? While it's hardly the only program out there, I like Super Jukebox for when I want to listen to music from SNES games.
「まあいいけど。」

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

I could've sworn I saw a Mother I&II soundtrack last Otakon. I don't buy soundtracks unless it's Lunar, though; and even then, I don't buy from conventions. Way too expensive. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Ah, the SPC emulation looks like it'll be fine, Shiva. I'll take a closer look at it later, but thank you for directing me to it.

Thanks too WD, I'll IM you if it turns out just getting the MP3 is better.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time